I'm going to Freetown in Sierra Leone in September to work with VSO in the Ola During Children's Hospital. It has very few resources (no X-rays or microbiology!) so will be quite a challenge. Along with looking after sick children I also hope to be training up Sierra Leonean paediatricians and nurses.

Wednesday 8 September 2010

I can't believe its actually nearly here - I'm off in 11 days! Nothing packed yet but its all laid out in the spare room.
I've got two weeks of training with VSO in Freetown when I arrive before starting in the hospital. It will give me a chance to acclimatise and meet up with the other VSOs.
Thanks so much to those of you who came to my leaving do yesterday - it was brilliant fun. Thanks also to everyone who generously donated to VSO - I've now reached my target!

No comments:

Post a Comment